Nickelodeon Celebrates ‘Worldwide Day of Play’
Nickelodeon celebrates Worldwide Day of Play in the Philippines, and invites kids and their parents to get active and play! Nickelodeon will even go off air for three hours to send kids and parents a simple message:
Get up, Get out and Play!
What to expect at the Worldwide Day of Play?Worldwide Day of Play is a Nickelodeon initiative to encourage kids to get active and connect with each other and their families through activities for play. Attendees can look forward to games, fitness activities, and guest appearances by professional athletes and celebrities. Nickelodeon’s well-loved characters such as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, SpongeBob SquarePants and Patrick Star will also make an appearance. As the leading entertainment brand for kids, Nickelodeon will go off air for three hours from 1pm to 4pm, as a signal to kids and their families to get up and get active.
Play Zones and Play AreaA full day dedicated to play, there will be five play zones and three play areas that combine active play with educational elements, with participation from Nickelodeon’s partners. From uncovering stealthy ninja skills, to stepping up to word challenges, kids aged four to 12 years of age will enjoy a full and fun workout by participating in the following Play Zones
- Fit Kid: Release your inner fit kid with intense challenges prepared by Ninja Academy.
- Up and Up: Stack up and step up your vocabulary game with giant blocks.
- Play Ball: Roll with professional basketball and volleyball champ players and learn tips and tricks from them.
- Heart for Arts: Get a chance to turn your heart for the arts to real life art pieces with Kids Republic.
- Sci-High: Get to do play based experiments and learn cool new tricks with Makerspace Manila.
- Kiddie Boot Camp: Compete with friends on an obstacle course that will test your strength and endurance with archery wars and a catapult.
- Parents vs. Kids: Are You Tougher than a Nickster?: Does Dad have what it takes to beat you at parkour skills, archery and body weight exercises in a relay? Join us to find out!
- Giant Inflatable: Hike your way up the huge Adrenaline Rush ladder then slide into the humongous inflatable tube maze to see who gets out first!
In support of the Children of MarawiBehind all the fun, Nickelodeon never forgets to extend a hand. Nickelodeon is working with Sinagtala, a non-profit organization that helps Internally Displaced Children (IDPs) and Women in Crisis due to conflict or big natural disasters in the Philippines. Worldwide Day of Play Donate Boxes are distributed in 20 schools in Metro Manila to collect students’ pre-loved toys. Sinagtala will deliver these toys to the Toy Library at the Marawi Capitol Grounds. Sinagtala’s mission is to build three more Toy Libraries in surrounding barangays to help in psycho-social therapy sessions. The Worldwide Day of Play initiative’s beneficiary are the children of Marawi Heroes. They are invited to the Big Day so they too will get to celebrate Nickelodeon’s Worldwide Day of Play. Marawi Heroes are our injured soldiers who have been flown to Manila for treatment, along with their families. To cap their Nickster play date, the children of Marawi Heroes get first dibs at meeting and taking groufies with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, SpongeBob SquarePants and Patrick Star.
Partners in PLAYJoining hands with Nickelodeon on the Worldwide Day of Play is ‘Presenting Sponsor’ Universal Robina Corporation, through Jack ‘n Jill Knots and Jack ‘n Jill Chooey Choco. INQUIRER.net and InqPOP! are 'Official Online Media Partners' and Cignal is the ‘Official Pay TV Provider’. The staging of the event is also through the support of:
- Play Partners: Kidz Republic, Makerspace Manila, Musicville, Ninja Academy and Trumpets Playshop
- Official Mom Community Partner: Mommy Mundo
- Online Media Partner: ManilaForKids.com